Skip to Content Skip to Main Menu Skip to Global Menu
  • Nike free 3.0 v4
  • Nike free 5.0 kids
  • Oakley sunglasses discount
  • Colclough Lake Colclough Lake
    Home Citizen Services Residents Businesses Visitors Emergency Services County Offices
    • PRESS

    Press Releases facebook logo Email Alerts E-mail Alert sign up

    • There are no press releases at this time

    Check the status of Land Use Applications & Developments in your neighborhood.

    New! Track Applications using the MapGenius
    Watch this video tutorial

    • APPLY

    Accessory Living UnitEmail | Call: 352-374-5243

    Website | Rural or Urban Checklist | Affidavit

    Building PermitFees | Call: 352-374-5243

    Process | Pre-Application | Application | Other Permits

    Comprehensive Plan AmendmentEmail | 374-5249

    Process | Application | Fees

    Development ReviewEmail | Call: 352-374-5249

    Process | Pre-Application | Application | Fees

    Family Homestead ExceptionEmail | 374-5243

    Requirements | Application | Certificate | Affidavit

    Home Based BusinessEmail | Call: 352-374-5243

    Requirements | General Appl. | Rural Application

    Housing AssistanceEmail | Call: 352-337-6284

    Visit our website to view programs

    Neighborhood Stabilization Program 3 337-6284

    NSP Packet | Website | Email

    Temporary PermitsEmail | Call: 352-374-5243

    Types | Temporary Use Application

    Rezoning or Special Use PermitEmail | 374-5249

    Process | Application | Mailout or Owner's Affidavitt

    VariancesEmail | Call: 352-374-5243

    Application | Written Petition | Affidavit


    Office Location and Hours of Operation

    Receive Notifications in your inbox
    Sign Up for County Press Releases

    You will be notified of all Planning Commission, County Commission and Development Review Committee hearings, news of any upcoming Planning workshops and items related to the Neighborhood Stabilization Program

    Check the status of Land Use Applications & Developments in your neighborhood

    • HOVER your mouse over the "Projects" tab above for scheduled hearings & related documents and maps.

    Phone/Fax (Area Code 352)

    • Planning (P) 374-5249 (F) 338-3224
    • Housing (P) 337-6284 (F) 381-0121
    • Permits, Code Enforcement & Zoning
      (P) 374-5243 (F) 491-4510

    Advisory Committees

    These Committees meet regularly and are open to the public. View Committee Meeting Dates/ Agendas with GM staff representation:

    Home > County Offices > Growth Management > Comprehensive Planning > Transfer of Development Rights
    LeBron 11 Blue White gamma jordan 11 Nike KD VI lebron 11 low

    Transfer of Development Rights (TDR)

    close window

    Development Services

    • Gerald L. Brewington
    • Senior Planner
    • Missy Daniels
    • Senior Planner
    • County Annex Building
    • 3rd Floor
    • 10 SW 2nd Avenue
    • Gainesville, Fl 32601
    • Phone: 352-374-5249
    • Fax: 352-338-3224
    • Hours: 8:30-5:00 pm
    • Map

    # Contact UsClick me

    The TDR Program was established as a tool to protect the County’s environmental resources and promote viable agriculture while encouraging efficient use of services and infrastructure within the Urban Cluster. This program implements Section 9.0 of the Future Land Use Element.

    Forms & Information

    TDR Application Process

    1. Pre-Application Conference

    A pre-application conference with County staff is required prior to the submittal of an application.

    2. Submittal Application

    The application must be complete to be accepted by the Department of Growth Management. In order for the application to be processed, all forms and required attachments must be submitted including a Calculation of Development Rights consistent with Chapter 402, Article 29, Section 402.183.

    3. Issuance of a TDR Certificate

    Once the potential development rights for transfer have been calculated and an application for a Certificate has been approved, the Director will issue a Transfer of Development Rights Certificate.

    4. Conservation Easement

    Prior to the development rights contained in the Transfer of Development Rights Certificate being eligible for sale or transfer to a receiving property, the owner of the sending property shall record and submit to the Growth Management Department a perpetual easement for conservation or agricultural purposes on the sending property in a form acceptable to the County.

    5. Conservation Management Plan

    For sending properties retaining densities of one unit per 200 acres or greater, a Conservation Management Plan shall be developed and submitted for approval in accordance with ULDC Chapter 406, Article 17, Conservation Management Areas and Chapter 406, Article 20, Management Plans.

    6. Instruments of Transfer

    An Instrument of Transfer must be completed and notarized prior to the transfer of development rights from a sending parcel to a receiving parcel.

    7. Rezoning

    Once the Instrument of Transfer has been submitted to the County, the County shall process a rezoning to a TDR zoning district on the sending parcel.

    How does the program work?

    Development rights are sold or transferred by participating property owners from regulated conservation and viable agriculture areas (sending areas) to areas more suitable for development within the Urban Cluster (receiving areas).

    See Chapter 402, Article 29 of the Land Development Code (ULDC) for more detailed information about transfer of development rights.

    How are sending areas defined?

    Agricultural Sending Areas are defined as any legally created parcel or combination of contiguous parcels that have an approved agricultural classification from the Alachua County Property Appraiser; that are located outside of the Urban Cluster; and are greater than or equal to 160 acres.

    Conservation Sending Areas are defined as any legally created parcel or combination of contiguous parcels that contain Strategic Ecosystems or are on the Alachua County Forever (ACF) active acquisition list; and are greater than or equal to 160 acres.

    How are receiving areas defined?

    Any nonresidential development in the unincorporated area may become a receiving area through the purchase of development rights in order to reduce the amount of open space required on the development site.

  • nike air max
  • oakley glasses
  • air max 90
  • nike air max
  • oakley glasses
  • air max 90
  • Kate spade purse Kate spade crossbody Michael kors handbag